Fertility & Inducing Labour
Acupuncture provides a safe, effective, & drug free treatment option during pregnancy
Initial consult + treatment: 90 minutes
Followup sessions: 45 minutes
Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed studies and concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- -increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall
- -reduce anxiety, stress, and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly
- decrease fertility
- -normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome
IVF and Acupuncture
Acupuncture can be used to enhance the success of in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments. It is recommend to start regular acupuncture treatments at least 2 months prior to the beginning an IVF cycle and to continue for 1 to 2 times a week until the day of the transfer. Acupuncture IVF treatments can be continued if the IVF cycle is successful to prevent miscarriages and support a healthy pregnancy.
In many case you will have to go through the following phases :
- Prepare the body for IVF cycle
- Ovarian stimulation and support
- Embryo transfer
- Post transfer
Male Factor Infertility
Fertility acupuncture and herbal medicine for men can help in increase sperm count, motility, and morphology of the spermatic cells. Acupuncture also improves cases of weak erections, enlarged prostate gland, and male urinary tract infections that can affect male fertility. In these cases, acupuncture treatments should be carried out for a period of 6 months. Often taking specific herbal compositions may help speed up this process.
Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine During Pregnancy
Regular balancing treatments throughout your pregnancy can enhance your health as well as your baby's health, potentially preventing complications and positively influencing the development of your baby's health.
Many mothers-to-be find themselves facing many of the following symptoms as a result of the many demands being placed on their bodies:
- back pain and sciatica
- heart burn
- nausea/morning sickness
Regular weekly or monthly treatments are recommended based on your unique symptoms and concerns.
Acupuncture for Inducing Labour
Pre-labour acupuncture can help prepare a woman both physically and mentally for the task of active labour.
Acupuncture treatments can help to:
- Prepare the pelvis and soften the cervix for labour
- Reduce pre-labour anxiety, tension, and fatigue
- Induce a more efficient active stage of labour
- Reduce the risk of medical induction and cesarean section
- Provide pain relief during labour
Acupuncture for Post Delivery
It is important to recover properly after childbirth. Acupuncture can help you heal and regain your strength and vitality, re-balance your energy, boost your body's defenses and
and help address new health concerns.
- postoperative healing
- postpartum discharge
- psychological problems
- insufficient lactation
- postpartum back pain
1114 Queen Street East, 2nd Floor, Toronto, M4M 1K8 416 469-2100